Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon SageMaker
- Seattle, WA
AWS SageMaker is looking for you a Senior Software Development Engineer interested in democratizing machine learning (ML) and empowering the world to do more with it.
Our team is building a platform to enable Scientists and Software Developers to design, build, train and tune ML models quicker and easier. Our product consists of APIs, SDKs, AWS Console UI, a growing library of ML algorithms and a highly available platform capable of hosting and automatically tuning customer's ML models.
We develop and run secure, highly available, robust and reliable distributed systems using latest technologies. You will own platform features end-to-end and work with your team-mates to turn them into reality following best engineering practices.
In this highly visible position you will have possibility to directly influence technical decisions as well as our business strategy.
• You will be driving engineering best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
• You will lead architecture and design decisions.
• You will innovate and simplify the process of creating interfaces for all Amazon Web Services.
• You will be part of an agile team that delivers well-tested and reviewed releases.
If this sounds exciting, then come and join our team where you will be designing, implementing and shipping new and exciting ML platform features.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of professional experience in software development
• Experience in mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience in data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, object-oriented design
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Python, C++, C#
• Experience in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Back to top