Senior Software Development Engineer- AMAZON ROBOTICS - Westboro, MA
- Westborough, MA
AWS made computing elastic and removed the barriers to build applications in the cloud. Deploying and managing on-premise robotics solutions should be as seamless as it is in the cloud. To achieve that goal, you will be exposed to every layer of the stack from the ground up starting with the bare metal and ending in the cloud. You will apply rigorous software engineering best practices to edge strategies to power near real-time systems geo-distributed across the world. You will build solutions to deploy applications and manage devices at the edge by abstracting the interfaces to on-premise hardware and devices into services for our customers. If you have a passion for infrastructure (operating system, network, network services, security) as well as building scalable software services, this is the perfect opportunity that will let you influence every component across a myriad of technologies.
Software Engineer -
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated Software Engineers to design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology. Our Software Engineers experiment with disruptive technologies and integrate them within our current software solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology.
• Design and build business critical, highly available software components in a distributed architecture, connecting multi-tenant cloud services, physical servers and hundreds of network connected PCs in the Fulfillment Center
• Create customer facing applications that innovate on usability and human computer interaction
• Design software with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities
• Prototype and test concepts or features, through simulation tools and emulators and also with robotic equipment
• Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Hardware Engineering, Deployment Engineering, and other SW teams for integration and configuration of hardware peripherals and devices that are part of the software solution
• Develop in object oriented languages with modern AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Athena, internal Amazon development tools and more
• Apply SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or other algorithmic-centric discipline or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience developing production level software in core Java, C++ or other Object Oriented language
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test software in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with multithreading and concurrency
• Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
• Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
• Master's/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
• 12+ years of software development experience
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
• Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
Back to top