Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Redshift Spectrum
- Berlin, Germany
You want to be part of something really big? If not, stop reading! AWS Redshift is the most popular cloud based data warehouse service while AWS S3 is the most popular foundation for Data Lakes. AWS Redshift Spectrum allows customers to connect their AWS Redshift data warehouse to their AWS S3 Data Lake seamlessly integrating Exabytes of data.
As Senior Software Development Engineer at AWS Redshift Spectrum, you will join an international and diverse team of data base enthusiasts scanning the world largest data lakes using thousands of nodes. We are pushing the limits of technology in terms of size and scale by combining state-of-the art technology with the unbounded computation power of the AWS cloud.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members and has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
This position involves on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
• 5-8 years of experience in professional software development
• 3+ years of experience in writing system software in a systems language such as C or
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Very good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
• Proven ability to write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
• Experience debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting software.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science.
• Experience delivering and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems such as Impala, Spark SQL etc.
• Experience with internals especially optimization, and execution.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top