AWS Pinpoint services are built using the next generation cloud technologies. You will enable our customers to use the serverless microservices way to create analytics, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
The best part of working with Amazon Pinpoint is the chance to help customers solve exciting new challenges and create new app experiences every day that impact millions of users. Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we'll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry. Learn more about our business at https://aws.amazon.com/pinpoint/.
We are looking for senior software developers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale systems with global impact. You will get a unique opportunity to build full-stack applications in the mobile and web spaces that involve working with iOS, Android, and React as well as different AWS services including Cognito, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Dynamo, SNS, Athena, and QuickSight.
We need your help to build a platform that will ingest trillions of messages from billions of devices. You will make applications that leverage big data technology and machine learning to improve user engagement with mobile apps. Your messaging and targeting applications will power the world's leading social media, gaming, sports, educational, and consumer applications. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers' needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, Kotlin or C++
• 8+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support, building scalable system software and/or Services
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
• Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
• Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.