Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Music Machine Learning Teams (Berlin)
- Chengdu, China
As a member of the Amazon Music Recommendations Team, you will be responsible for leading the effort to invent and improve the ways that customers are engaged with recommendations in Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music or in their Amazon Music library. You will immerse yourself in a world where one works on classifying different forms of music, and create interactive experiences to help users find the music they are in the mood for. You will improve algorithms to pick the perfect tracks, albums, playlist and stations to play, and build infinitely scalable data stores to help drive the experience.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Imagine getting awesome music recommendations even though you didn't know what you wanted to listen to in this moment in time. At Amazon music it's still Day 1 for the voice-enabled and visual music experiences, and we're looking for some great engineers to help us make it even better.
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, Scala or Python
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Master's Degree in Computer Science
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building workflows involving large dataset and/or machine learning models in production using distributed computing and big data processing concepts and technologies.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top