Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Music
- Culver City, CA
Amazon Music is looking for a talented Senior Engineer to join us in revolutionizing the digital music playback experience. You will work on Amazon's leading digital music products. We have a focus on quality, so we like modular, reusable designs, continuous integration, and automated test frameworks. We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset.
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don't shy away from hard work to reach your goals. You think a millisecond sounds like a really long time.
• You will be responsible for the design and implementation of software used by millions of users.
• You will be interacting and cooperating with other developers at Amazon Music.
• You will be developing a low level audio playback code that is cross-platform and runs on Echo, iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of software development experience with siginificant experience in C and C++
• Familiarity with additional languages such as (Java, Perl, Ruby, etc)
• Familiarity with audio/video codecs and protocols.
• Experience developing high-quality cross-platform cod
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Firm understanding of software development principles
• Experienced in all stages of development, including design, development, testing, and deployment
• Analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and strong team ethic
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#MusicJobs #LAXBDSDE3 #LAXBDSDE3MUSIC
Back to top