Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Honeycode (AWS)
- Sunnyvale, CA
The mission for Honeycode is to enable millions of users to build mobile and web applications easily and efficiently without needing programming skills, to empower team collaboration and innovation. Low Code/No Code is still at its early stage and at AWS we are uniquely positioned to redefine what it means and make it mainstream with our hyper focus on customers. With the V1 product just launched in June 2020, we are at Day One of the new journey for the years to come to innovate and disrupt with new ideas and challenge status quo, to transform industries and change how people work, at a very large scale. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose!
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will architect, design, build and operate a new Web services at scale, interfacing with teams ranging from the front-end to the back-end, and delivering the plumbing in-between. Surrounded by world-class technical talent, and building on a pure AWS infrastructure, you will translate user requirements, drive an evolving architecture, help define our roadmap, and individually contribute code. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly passionate about AWS Technology and our product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a strong track record of successfully leading and delivering new features/products. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
• Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Master's degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top