Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Devices
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show, a touch-screen enabled Alexa device that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We're just getting started, and we'd love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
You don't need any experience in those specific areas, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we'd love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
- Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
- Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product and UX teams.
- Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 7 years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment
- 5+ years of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object oriented design and code quality verification
- Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
- Experience driving and articulating technical challenges and solutions.
- Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
- Graduate degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top