Amazon Dash cart allows shoppers to checkout without lines you just place the items in the cart and the cart will take care of the rest. When you're done shopping, you leave the store through a designated dash lane. We charge the payment method in your Amazon account as you walk through the dash lane and send you a receipt. Check it out at https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21289116011.
Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Dash cart uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning and algorithms.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy reliable front end applications. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers.
NOTE re: LOCATION: The main location for this job is Boston metro west office. If you live in or near Boston, you can work from our Downtown Boston office few days per week.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 5+ years of experience as a key member of an engineering team
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of AWS services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (especially Git), build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Experience as a design or tech lead
• Familiarity with Angular and/or Typescript
• Familiarity with Node.js
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up
• AWS certification is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.