Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Business
Amazon Business team is seeking multiple Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way business institutions purchase their supplies.
Our team is focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon retail customer base.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for building a system to enable our business customers procure through Amazon - from the visual interface to the back end services. Specifically you will be working on the pricing technologies as part of this team. You will be working with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability - latest UX frameworks, parallel processing, rendering and machine learning are just a few examples. This gives you the opportunity to redefine normal for this segment of the market.
In this role, you will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver robust and operationally stable solution that provides great customer experience. Candidates need to have strong ownership, passion and drive to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting.
As a Sr Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Executing technical programs from architecture to release
- Designing highly scalable, large enterprise software solutions.
- Developing software processes and data processing systems
- Delivering reliable maintainable platforms with Amazon level scale and customer satisfaction.
- Resolving complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Deep diving on key development and architectural decisions
- At least 6 years of experience building successful production software systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in developing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#
- Experience designing highly scalable and large enterprise software systems
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experienced with continuous integration and test driven development
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
- Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
- Experience developing software in Linux/UNIX, and using web applications and frameworks and scripting languages
- Development of software interfacing to AWS services
- Able to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
- Solid understanding of and experience with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, start with ideas and conceptualize full scale solutions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top