Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Alexa
- Prague, Czech Republic
"Alexa, what is the price of gold?", "Alexa, who is the tallest NBA player?", "Alexa, how long does it take to cook chicken?"
Alexa customers will ask just about anything, and it's our job to provide them with the right answer. Our Santa Barbara based teams own the services that power the majority of knowledge-based questions answered by Alexa today. We have built the deepest and most user-friendly knowledge graph on the planet. We have billions of entities, hundreds of billions of facts, and an extensible presentation layer used to build customer delighting experiences. We are rapidly growing our team and are looking for exceptional software development engineers (SDEs) to join us.
As a member of our team, you will join a diverse group of engineers with experience across the entire software stack. Our team works on all parts of the Q&A pipeline including, but not limited to: natural language understand to language and visualization generation across multiple languages, knowledge storage and representation for massive quantities of data and throughput, exposing stable APIs to developers to empower innovative products, and much more. You will take complete ownership over feature design, prioritization, and implementation in any of these areas. Your solutions will scale across all content categories, all languages, and all existing devices. You will commit code several times a day and ship new features into production each week. You will interact with individuals and teams across the organization to launch and deliver delightful experiences for Alexa customers. You will launch fast and iterate quickly to build amazing features that impact every Alexa customer.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 5+ years of profession software engineering experience building scalable production application
• Proficiency in SQL (MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases
• A love for optimizing even the fastest code
• A desire to be part of a team that is building world-changing products
• A passion for learning, occasionally failing, and learning once again
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top