Senior Software Development Engineer - Alexa Shopping
Our vision is that Alexa will be the world's most knowledgeable product expert who knows you, in a store that sells everything. All those moments when we need or want to know more about the products we use every day, will have instant satisfaction of an answer: just ask Alexa. We are building a digital product expert that is always available, with super-human knowledge of every product ever made.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer to build our Product Information Engine. You and your team will build the platform to ingest data from Amazon's vast and varied stores of product information, understand unstructured and semi-structured data, index them, and serve back answers to users' questions in real time. You will work on new techniques and technologies to capture voice-friendly data that will be presented to users with voice-first supported devices.
You will ship new customer-facing improvements every sprint, reaching MM of Amazon customers that are excited to learn more about products with Alexa. The platform you build will get better over time, learning from new data, user behavior, and better models to provide more helpful answers to an ever-growing number of product questions.
In this role, you will design, develop, test, and deploy massively scalable services, while at the same time redefining customer's expectations for what an intelligent assistant can answer. As a key leader respected for your technical judgement, you will influence design, define features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices, enabling the whole organization to ship high quality services to millions of customers every sprint. Come and help us build the future!
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in object-oriented design and coding in Java, C++, or related technologies
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of designing for scalability, performance and reliability
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with machine learning, language understanding, and information retrieval systems
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information and negotiate tradeoffs with a variety of audiences
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top