Senior Software Development Engineer - Alexa Natural Understanding
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built Amazon Alexa, an Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, FireTV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. We're on to build the Star Trek computer, and you can join us. Together we will make ambient computing a reality!
Our team is Gdansk is building smart load-balancing solutions to tackle unique challenges in scaling AI inference services.
We are a multi-national 2-pizza team, with growth opportunities for engineers at all levels of experience. We foster an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives and opinions are valued.
Would you like to lead a team designing and running a service processing hundreds of thousands of requests per second? Are you interested in distributed systems, and would like to see first-hand how mesh architectures are adopted in highly available architectures? If you enjoy delivering high-quality software and have a passion for high-scale web services, we'd like to talk to you!
As a team, we will give you opportunities to work on difficult technical problems, influence the technical and business strategy of the team, and lead others. As an Amazonian, you will have access to engineers who are legends in their field, giving you ample opportunities for both personal and career growth.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience (3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education).
• 7+ years professional experience in software development.
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java or Python.
• Experience in designing software for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Eagerness in playing an active role in growing engineers around you.
• Ability to lead a team on executing towards a cohesive technical strategy.
• Experience building complex software systems and successfully delivering them to customers.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, especially leveraging Amazon Web Services.
• Leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top