Senior Software Development Engineer, Alexa Music Auto
- Seattle, WA
Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Alexa? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented senior software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
The Auto team within Alexa Music is responsible for the Alexa Music(& radio) experience in the car. It is day 1. Join us to become the founding member of a new initiative that involves Alexa, Music, Cars, and Internet of Things.
You will own the end to end solution to deliver the best customer experience for music and radio on the road. You will be working closely with business partners, product managers, and engineering leaders from partner teams in Speech Recognition, Research Sciences team, Devices teams, and UX team.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for setting technical vision of how we build the software behind how music is enjoyed through Alexa. A successful candidate will have an established background in setting product, technical, and architectural vision on building technology that enriches the customer experience at scale.
• Responsible for setting technical vision for the customer/Alexa Music
• The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
• Advise senior leadership of technical opportunities and pitfalls to ensure long term rapid delivery of customer features.
• Leading and inspiring teammates to raise the standards in the quality of the software they build.
Alexa Entertainment team owns the software pieces that power the Media experience on Alexa devices ( Music, Radio, Podcasts, Audible, eBooks and lot more in the future).
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering
• 8+ years experience with leadership among software development teams, with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Experience delivering cross-functional projects
• MS in Computer Science
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3. Web dev knowledge is a bonus as well.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top