Senior Software Development Engineer - Alexa Language Technologies
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating critical platform capabilities that will accelerate Alexa's Al.
The Alexa Linked Data Platform is looking to hire a Senior Software Development Engineer who will provide the technical leadership for a highly complex, long term initiative that has the potential to accelerate AI, both for Alexa and the rest of the developer world. We are looking for a leader who can drive us to build robust and massively scalable software systems, pushing boundaries in several Semantic Web related technologies.
You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data stores and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in data processing, record linkage, ontology alignment, normalization and fact extraction, some of the core ingredients for Alexa's AI. You will mentor both junior and established engineers and work in a fast paced team environment. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel improvements to Amazon's speech and language technology.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with distributed systems, service oriented architectures, and bulk data processing paradigms
- Computer science fundamentals in data-structures and algorithms
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving software development issues
- Experience leading and delivering complex software initiatives
- Experience developing software in Java, C/C++ for Linux environment
- Full Stack Engineer with experience in taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers at scale.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skill sets.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, product strategy and influence outcomes in technical decision-making.
- Solid understanding of performance and efficiency with a strong customer focus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top