Senior Software Development Engineer, Alexa Experience and Devices
Voice-driven AI experiences are finally becoming a reality and Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are at the forefront of this latest technology wave.
As a senior software engineer in the Alexa Experiences and Devices team, you will help drive this innovation by developing new features that take advantage of the latest Echo device capabilities.
You will be responsible for developing new systems to support these features, integrating with other Amazon and third-party services and device teams as required. An ability to collaborate to design and deliver integrated systems across teams is a must.
You will ensure that Alexa almost never drops her end of the conversation, delivering services that respond with minimal latency at Amazon scale. You have deep experience with at least a few different types of system architecture and have a track record of ramping up quickly on new architectures. Being one of our first senior engineers on a newly formed team, you will also be capable of establishing build systems, continuous integration and deployment systems, and monitoring and logging systems.
Most importantly, rather than being a specialist in any particular area of server-side technology, you are more of a generalist. We're delivering new customer experiences, requiring different technology solutions everyday- you'll need to bring a big toolkit to keep up.
- 7+ years object-oriented experience with one of: Java, C#, C++, or similar
- Experience designing and building large-scale, distributed, cloud systems
- Experience designing and building robust systems integrations with APIs and web services
- Experience using both SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- 4+ years establishing tools and processes to improve software quality
- Hands-on experience developing with Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing Alexa Speechlets
- Object-oriented experience with Java
- A history of defining an architectural vision, articulating its benefits and tradeoffs, and guiding others to realize it
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top