Senior Software Development Engineer, Alexa Automotive
- Seattle, WA
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Alexa Automotive is looking for exceptional Senior Software Development Engineers to work on enabling Alexa the voice service behind Amazon Echo in automobiles. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa in the car.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you are the Subject Matter Expert and technical leader of the team. You will be working with business partners, software development engineers, testers and UI/UX designers to design, implement, test, launch, document, and maintain complex software applications, tools, and systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You would be leading 4-5 programs most of which would be cross company and cross org. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies and mobile development processes, and develop well-rounded skills such as polyglot programming, leadership, and effective project management. You will also mentor software development engineers, Technical Project managers and Product Managers.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years of industry software development experience
• Programming experience of at least one modern programming language, such as C++, Java, C, or C#
• Experience in software design and architecture
• Experience in technical leadership and mentorship on software engineering teams
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Knowledge of system performance and operational readiness monitoring
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Experience with the Linux operating system environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top