Senior Software Development Engineer, Alexa
- Boston, MA
The Alexa Feedback team is looking for Senior Software Development Engineers to help Alexa improve its customer experience by accurately identifying and understanding customer feedback. Alexa customer feedback is a unique signal - it is high volume, almost frictionless to produce, and covers the entire Alexa-enabled device set, and is used by teams all across the Alexa organization. We are building highly scalable systems that detect both explicit and implicit customer feedback, and our "north star" vision is to understand customer satisfaction for every Alexa interaction across every modality (voice, touch, gesture). In this role, you will be solving challenging technical problems while improving the experience of millions of Alexa users. You will have wide exposure across Alexa's components and services and will drive improvements across many systems. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to enable a superior product.
The ideal candidate thrives and has succeeded in fast paced environments where learning new concepts quickly is a must. A commitment to team work, ability to innovate quickly, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience
• Minimum 8 years of software development experience
• Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
• At least 4 years experience developing on Linux/Unix platforms
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to work across many teams and coordinate tasks
• Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems;
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred.
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top