Senior Software Development Engineer - Accessibility
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Echo and Fire TV families of products.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be in charge of building core frameworks and technologies that make our products accessible to customers with a variety of . This is your opportunity to use your coding chops to help people with use technology to communicate, be entertained, knowledge, and control their environment.
We create technologies such as the award winning1 VoiceView screen reader which allows customers who are blind to use Fire TV, Switch which enables customers with motor impairments to use Fire Tablet, and a variety of other tools on devices such as Echo Show.
To learn more about the accessible experiences that Amazon provides please visit www.amazon.com/accessibility
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, , implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software process towards higher quality.
In this role will:
• Build technology tools for Amazon devices which provide to customers with a variety of
• Partner with internal teams to ensure their features are compatible with technologies. This ranges from devices such as Echo Show to services such as Prime Video.
• You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the software component teams while delivering the best core engines at the platform level.
• You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top