Senior Software Development Engineer - Accessibility
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be in charge of building core frameworks and technologies that make our products accessible to customers with disabilities.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
In this role will:
• You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the software component teams while delivering the best core engines at the platform level.
• You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment
• Embedded Linux experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top