Senior Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Are you excited to solve world-class problems in cloud computing? Are you passionate about building and owning services with other talented software developers? Are you willing to have fun? If your answers are, "Yes, yes, and YES!", then Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) may be your ideal workplace. EC2 is crucial for Amazon's long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon. We are rapidly expanding our team to delivery critical new features in the recently announced Local Zone
We are looking for top engineers to join a talented, innovative team building highly available and large scale distributed systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and scalable distributed system.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery.
- Mentoring other engineers
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services Local Zones please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/localzones/
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong networking experience
• Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with Agile, OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
Back to top