Amazon's Selection Contribution Platform (SCP) team are looking for a passionate, talented and super-smart senior software engineer who innovates, loves solving hard problems and never takes no for an answer to join our growing team in London. Central to Amazon's retail business, our high scale distributed systems hold the largest product catalog in the world, and manage data ingestion and processing from millions of external data contributors, Amazons own retail catalog, and Amazon internal customers including Kindle, Prime Video and Alexa. We drive Amazons growth by delivering innovative business and technical solutions that help increase product selection for our customers, and continue to facilitate year on year growth in this dynamic, fast paced, ever growing business. We exist on the cutting edge of technical possibilities, pushing the boundaries of architectural thinking and distributed system design; We leverage the best of technology from across the industry, use the latest cloud computing technologies from AWS, where we help drive innovation for the benefit of Amazon and third party customers alike. Come and join our journey...
What you'll do
As a senior software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of core product features or strategic programmes. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
A successful candidate will have a strong software development background, exceptional design skills, excellent problem solving, influencing, project management and communication skills. Daily work will involve liaising with Amazon business owners, other retail senior developers and principal engineers.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong experience in architecting and building multi-threaded, distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, big "O" analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
• A Masters or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.