Are you interested in building solutions that harness the power of AI/ML to enable enterprises to improve productivity while reducing errors? Do you want to empower businesses to create smart and efficient processes that unlock enormous customer value? In short, if you are driven by the desire to build a more 'intelligent' world, this role may be a great fit for you.
We are looking for an experienced technical contributor to lead at the forefront of cutting-edge machine learning. If you are passionate about new technology trends in machine learning, cloud services and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success we would like to talk to you. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use advanced AI technologies
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams, and partner with leading technology companies around the world
• Contribute in a technical leadership role developing and optimizing backend engines
• Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
As a senior software developer in AWS AI, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, works closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within the Machine Learning team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 5+ years of software development experience in machine learning, big data analysis or related areas
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. C/C++/Java
• Proficiency in Python
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science
• 3+ years technical leadership role in machine learning, or related areas
• Experience with building cloud services
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements and aggressive timelines
• Candidates with strong interests and academic qualifications / research focus in AI/ML are also encouraged to apply.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us