Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Server Provisioning team builds services and tools that process and deliver the computing resources that Amazon's software teams need to build and grow their services. As an infrastructure services provider, we own the services and tools that Amazon uses to turn hardware into capacity that service teams across Amazon run their business on. What we do matters; every customer who uses Amazon's products is supported by the computing infrastructure we provide and we provide a way for customers to get the capacity they need and for the business team to responsibly manage growth and cost. Our products are used by internal software teams, we focus on minimizing the operational burden that other engineers, like yourself, experience when managing their infrastructure.
Why we need you
Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate, inventing new technology to improve the life of our customers. At this scale we are constantly stretching the elasticity of the cloud. Our mission to help make it easy for internal software teams to grow while working with other infrastructure and AWS teams to meet these needs. You will work to deliver this end to end workflow and collaborate with your customers - including other developers and business partners. You will work with other engineers who have a passion for learning new technology and making your customers lives better.
What you will be doing
• Designing, planning and building new products that support the very core of AWS, allowing for rapid growth and delivery of AWS products
• Automating complex processes to improve delivery of new hardware and new regions
• Work with a team of passionate engineers to deliver the next generation of provisioning services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
• Experience with large scale systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top