We believe the revolution enabled by internet-connected "smart" devices is just beginning, and we see a bright future for those that transform their business to leverage them. Our customer-obsessed DNA is leading us to meet the people and businesses sharing that vision, and ready to tackle the challenge.
Join our team as we build brand-new solutions for smart energy, unlocking the potential of machine learning and IoT to meet the demands of tomorrow's net carbon zero market. We work closely with global customers to transform power grids to support renewable energy sources, electric vehicles, and sustainable capacity optimizations. We are passionate about delivering massive improvements to grid efficiency and reductions in clean energy capital expenditures, leading to reduced consumer costs and a better, "greener" overall system to support the ever-increasing energy demand world-wide
AWS is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited to dive deep into an opportunity to change the way the world moves with new products for the energy industry. We build services that operate at massive scale, ingesting high-frequency data with consistently low latency, but our solutions span end-to-end, so we also tackle edge computing, network communications, system design, applied science, machine-learning, and human/computer interaction.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive culture, and recognize the importance of a good work/life balance, with flexible schedules and work-at-home options depending upon the role. Team members bring a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing both growth and mentoring opportunities for new members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
If you are interested in being part of the future of in energy distribution and relate to Amazon's Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/principles), please apply: we would love to explore opportunities for you on our team.
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software-development experience
• Proficiency with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Python, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new current systems
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#, or Python
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project with minimal supervision
• Ability to work cross-team to influence and deliver solutions for your customer.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.