Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) leverages Amazon's global fulfillment and customer service network for third party sellers who want to grow their business on and off Amazon.com. FBA enables customers to take advantage of Free Super Saver Shipping and Amazon Prime on third party items, while allowing sellers to focus on selling rather than shipping. The FBA Inventory Authority Platform (IAP) team solves interesting, real-world challenges across the supply chain. We are responsible for development of systems that provide Sellers visibility as inventory moves through the Amazon fulfillment network and reaches end customers. This platform is pivotal to supporting FBA business expansion while increasing free cash flow by reducing costs and defects in fulfilling FBA items.
About you: You are an engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You are passionate about customers and want to disrupt the world of e-commerce development. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You are great at collaborating on product definitions with business teams and love to be in the thick of the action. You pride yourself on being somebody who speaks the language of both engineers and artists. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
About us together: We're going to face challenging and interesting problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll understand why we'll be the dream team and we'll change the world and impact lives.
• You will solve ambiguous business problems and map them to elegant technical solution.
• You will use object-oriented concepts, algorithms and/or data structures to build systems at Amazon scale.
• You will innovate and build large scale near real time streaming platform.
• You will design, launch, refactor, re-architect, and/or deprecate multi-tier systems with large amounts of data.
• You will quickly adapt to fast paced development environments and bias towards simple and extensible code.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of Software development experience
• 2+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 5 engineers
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding of system architecture and OO Design and experience with large distributed and online transactional systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills