Do you have experience working with or building information retrieval or search systems? Are you passionate about functional and operational performance? Do you want a chance to use cutting-edge tools, technologies and science to deliver value to millions of customers?
Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative search systems in Rust to help power Alexa. Key responsibilities include,
• Design and build innovative search technologies in a large distributed computing environment.
• Improve scaling limits, speed and efficiency of search technologies.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one statically-typed language such as Rust, Java, C++, or C#
• Excellent communication skills.
• Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with distributed systems and mature build/deployment processes.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
• Experience with any of the following: Rust, NLP, Statistics, Information Retrieval, Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.