Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Alexa Sensitive Content Intelligence team leverages natural language understanding, machine learning, and big data to help Alexa identify sensitive content. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer who can ensure that customers continue to have fun engaging conversation with Alexa.
We are a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of new features. You will also influence our overall strategy, drive the system architecture, mentor other engineers, and help establish best practices that ensure a high-quality product.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, adapts quickly to new technologies, and has high career growth potential. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. Candidate should have a solid understanding of software design principles, a demonstrated track record of delivering new features and products, and passion for innovating on behalf of customers.
Candidate don't need to have expertise in natural language understanding or machine learning but should have curiosity about it. They value collaboration, data-driven decision making, learning, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline, or related industry experience
• Minimum 10 years of software development experience
• Experience converting high-level product requirements into software architectures and designs
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience with Java, C++ or similar procedural, object-oriented programming language
• Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
• At least 2 years experience developing on Linux/Unix platforms
• Object-oriented design and coding skills (preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with various machine learning and modeling techniques and parameters that affect their performance
• Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed systems and databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience with Git or other distributed source control system
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top