Senior Software Development Engineer
- Santa Ana, Costa Rica
Are you a passionate software developer engineer looking for the next opportunity in your career? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment and want to impact the lives of people around the world?
The AWS Kumo team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Costa Rica. In Kumo we leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for software developers to help design, build, and launch software that shapes the way all Amazonians interact with IT Services. In this role you will be defining key product features and engineering unique solutions that are instrumental to the success of our business.
• Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
• Possess ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
• Have a high bar for coding excellence, design and architecture?
• Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
• Want to pioneer before the industry catches up?
If yes, then we have a role for you. We are small, customer-focused teams of passionate software engineers that are looking to delight our customers by building amazing software.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
• Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms.
• Strong skills in one modern programming language such as C#, Java, or Ruby.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, such as Agile/SCRUM, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
• Experience with relational or NoSQL databases.
• Proven track record of successfully design, build, deliver and troubleshooting complex service-oriented systems.
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities. Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues.
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Passion for technical leadership and mentoring.
• 6+ years of industry experience in software development.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science.
• Proven experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, S3, etc.
• Experience designing and developing scalable web applications and APIs
• Experience building server-less applications.
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews.
Back to top