Senior Software Development Engineer
- Minneapolis, MN
At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world and our team will make the bones of the platform "the network", work flawlessly. Not only supporting Amazon.com at the global level, but amazing global companies. (http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/all/).
Amazon Networking Security is looking for senior software engineers to build software platforms to increase security and significantly improve visibility into the management of Amazon's global network. Our goal is to eliminate human intervention and errors from network engineering by building tools and systems to secure a large number of heterogeneous devices in dozens of data centers across the world.
You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for network automation software used across all of Amazon's businesses. You are interested in solving difficult software problems at massive scale. You want to talk to customers directly and design solutions that solve their problems through innovation and automation. You understand how to build software in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment. You are interested in working autonomously and owning your own code from requirements to launch and for supporting it in the field. You enjoy solving complex problems and working in a fast-paced, flexible, collaborative team environment.
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language.
• Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
• 8+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer with 4+ years as a Senior Engineer leading teams in an agile environment.
• Experience developing and maintaining production software.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Experience in basic data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
• Experience in building REST APIs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top