Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about technology and solving hard problems? Do you want to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world's largest cloud computing service? Do you want to make history and have fun doing it? If so, Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) is looking for people just like you! EC2 is at the core of AWS services and we are growing every day to meet the demands of our business as we continue to scale.
We are looking for top engineers to join a talented, innovative team to help us manage how we maintain and grow one of the largest server fleets in the world. As a member of the EC2 team, your responsibilities would include:
- Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and scalable distributed systems.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery.
- Mentoring other engineers
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Understanding of Multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems.
• Experience with Linux.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
• Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with Agile, OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• Knowledge of supply chain and operations concepts and experience with complex systems, modeling, and simulation (Linear and non-linear methods, convex optimization etc.)
For more information contact me:
"Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age."
Back to top