AWS Perimeter Protection develops new services that defend Internet-facing applications against evolving threats. We build everything from low-level packet inspection hardware/software to customer-facing AWS services to globally distributed systems capable of mitigating the world's largest and most sophisticated cyber-attacks. Our unique technology and innovative services such as AWS Network Firewall, AWS Shield, AWS WAF and AWS Firewall Manager monitor and defend some of the largest customers and networks in the world.
We need talented Software Development Engineers like you to continue developing new capabilities for our recently launched AWS Network Firewall service.
Join us if ...
- You want to play a leading role, influencing how we design, develop, build, deploy and support new services.
- You care deeply about delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles ( http://www.amazon.jobs/principles ) empower us to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day!
Successful candidates will enjoy distributed systems design, and have outstanding analytical skills and communication ability. They will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and be comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams. Does that sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 7+ years software development experience
- Proven programming ability in Java, C/C++, and/or Python
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and development
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Experience working in Linux based environments
- Experience working on large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems
- Technical experience in networking or web application security
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .