Amazon Web Services (AWS) Virtual Private Network (VPN) team is looking for a Senior Software Developer. Come join us in making network level security simple, available, and performant.
Customers use AWS Site-to-Site VPN to establish secure connections to the AWS cloud, enabling seamless integration and inter-operation. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need in networking services and work to deliver, which could be an improvement to an existing feature, a radically new idea, or something in between.
On any given day we use Scala, C++, Python, Java, Ruby as well as various native AWS services and Amazon-internal tools. We don't expect you to be an expert in, or know all of, the technologies listed, but we do expect you to be excited to learn about them. As an experienced engineer in this team, you will play a committed role in developing high quality software designs and solutions to our complex problems.
We care about career growth and work-life harmony. We follow a DevOps model and this position involves on-call responsibilities, but we strive to reduce pages and ensure our systems are fault tolerant. We encourage ownership of our software and take time to learn from any challenges.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 10+ years professional experience in software development
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Perl, Scala or Ruby
• Experience with Linux
• Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.