Senior Software Development Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
The Amazon Aurora Storage team is responsible for delivering distributed structured storage services to customers for the relational database segments. We believe that Database Services, while already a large profitable businesses, is in it's infancy. Over the next few years, it will represent a very large business. We are looking for an experienced technical leader to take our early lead in the database services market and extend it by defining and delivering industry leading next generation storage service purpose built for databases.
Amazon Aurora Storage team is looking for experienced technical experts in large scale distributed systems development to build services that run across thousands of servers in multiple datacenters worldwide and powers Amazon Aurora service. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry storage services architected for the cloud. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
• 5+ year's overall development experience and 5+ year's enterprise software experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
• Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems.
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent , verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.
Back to top