Do you want to have a large impact on a growing business? Do you want to have a wide breadth of ownership? Do you want to see your impact daily on both internal and external customers? Do you want to collaborate with the kind of folks who would enjoy selling something called a "Bag of Crap" almost as much as our customers love buying them?
Woot! is the original daily deals website, combining an entertaining shopping experience with deals so good they literally can't last long. Our engineering teams build the web and app experiences our customers use to browse and purchase, build the tools and automation that help us to find the right deals at the right time among millions of options, and build the tools that powers Woot's business.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
• Unlock Woot's growth by innovating the systems and tools that power Woot's business-within-a-business - customer service, fulfillment, and finance functions to name a few.
• Design, develop, and improve systems, owning the entire lifecycle - from working with the product team, to design and architecture, to implementation and release, to operations.
• Work closely with internal customers to drive new solutions that impact internal and external customers.
• Act as a technical lead, influencing the organization's designs and coding deliverables, with an eye for solving complex problems with simple, maintainable solutions.
• Mentor your peers. Set and demonstrate a high bar for technical competencies and leadership.
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, and working with management and the development team to bring in new technologies when appropriate.
Woot! values work-life balance. We aim to work efficiently. Working long hours is an exception, not the rule. As an engineering team, we are builders and operators, and thus have an on-call rotation that you will participate on. Getting paged is not seen as inevitable, and we work to make our systems are more fault tolerant over time.
Inclusive Team Culture:
We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We seek to make every team member feel valued and connected. We are looking for a new teammate who is empathetic and curious and will further amplify our positive and inclusive culture.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer or related role.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience with AWS and/or distributed computing, serverless applications, and non-relational data stores