Senior Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
Are you a lead software developer who wants to build a strategic area in a fast-growing part of Amazon? Amazon is innovating in ultra-fast fulfillment technologies for fresh groceries, household essentials, and its most popular products from Amazon.com. In this space Amazon aims to delight customers by delivering orders faster than ever before. With programs like Amazon Fresh and Prime Now, Prime members can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Amazon app and website for products like grocery staples, paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, batteries and more with orders delivered right to their door as quick as an hour.
We're seeking a talented Sr. Software Development Engineer to work on strategic and innovative initiatives in the ultra-fast fulfillment space that powers Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Whole Foods Market, and several upcoming confidential projects. In this role you'll independently or lead a small group of developers designing, developing, testing, launching, and supporting software and services that power our businesses. These services handle millions of customer orders per year across the globe, and are growing more every day. You'll identify gaps and drive improvements to our technology, collaborating with sharp engineers and highly-engaged customers to ship code continuously. You and your teammates will work across the entire technical spectrum of projects, from infrastructure, to back-end services, to front-end experiences on web and mobile. You'll need to design your services for rapid growth, and build them to be extensible and maintainable for accelerated development. You'll be integrating with key internal partners like last-mile transportation and the Amazon.com website. We're truly an agile shop: we work closely with customers, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed, and are aggressive about test coverage, refactoring and paying off technical debt.
The right candidate will share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems and algorithms, and who love writing great code. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, C, C++, C#, etc.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Familiarity with cloud computing
• Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
• Experience using functional programming languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top