Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibility between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of core systems/components.
• Lead coding and software development of a complex, cross-functional, customer facing program.
• Design and implement system architecture and underlying components. Establish design principles, select design patterns, and instill best practices for software development across multiple teams
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Work effectively with team members to gain consensus on technical decisions and execute them. We have a big task and collaboration with other development engineers is key for success.
• Ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field. 7+ years of object-oriented programming experience in Java or Python.
• 5+ years of experience in distributed systems design and algorithms.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Hands-on experience developing code in Java or Python.
Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Experience using machine learning, big data processing and natural language processing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//