Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Amazon Aurora control plane team is looking for experienced technical experts in large scale distributed systems development to build services that run across thousands of servers in multiple datacenters worldwide and powers Amazon Aurora service. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry storage services architected for the cloud. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
• 5+ year's overall development experience and 7+ year's enterprise software experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
• Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems.
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent , verbal and written communication skills.