Senior Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Do you want to fundamentally improve the everyday workflow of your fellow software developers? AWS Developer Tools is looking for passionate software engineers to transform the AWS developer experience and make it delightful to work with AWS and GitHub, GitLab, Atlassian tools. We're the team that connects it all together.
As a member of this team you will play a central role in the definition, design, and development of new AWS products that are transforming how developers build for AWS.
On this team you will:
Work with developers as your core customers
Iterate, test new ideas, and shape the future vision for developer tools that operate in the cloud
Use core AWS technologies to design and build scalable web services and customer-facing APIs
Develop world-class software that enables customers to be productive building their own software
Build large distributed systems using AWS technologies in Kotlin, Node, and Python
Collaborate and work alongside a passionate group of software engineers and product folks who love making the tooling
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years of software development experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
• A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality software.
• Interest in many programming languages such as Python, Swift, Rust, GoLang, NodeJS, etc...
• Experience building large scale distributed systems
• Basic knowledge of cloud technologies
• Knowledge of current developer tooling across the software development space (coding, building, deployment, operations, task tracking, real-time communication)
Location options include Seattle WA, Arlington VA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top