Amazon Elasticsearch Service (part of Amazon's AWS services) is a fully managed service that makes it easy for you to deploy, secure, and operate Elasticsearch at scale with zero down time. The service offers open-source Elasticsearch APIs, managed Kibana, and integrations with Logstash and other AWS Services, enabling you to securely ingest data from any source and search, analyze, and visualize it in real time. With Amazon Elasticsearch Service, you get the ELK stack you need, without the operational overhead. Amazon Elasticsearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database Services and Analytics organization.
You'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. Amazon Elasticsearch Service operates at high scale and is trusted by global enterprise customers to run their critical workload: your work will have global impact. Joining our team, you'll enjoy a challenging, creative and a fast-paced work environment. We need developers who can build and operate large scale fault tolerant distributed systems. As we continue to grow our customer base and new features we maintain the high bar of scalable, efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant system. Your work is critical and has direct impact on end customers.
Amazon Elasticsearch Service team designs, develops and operates the software that manages the Amazon Elasticsearch domains and coordinates fleetwide resource allocation. We coordinate the efforts of many thousands of servers in a highly dynamic environment. We are redefining how we think about enabling our internal and external customers to scale without limit. You will get to work on core Elasticsearch/Lucene features, build plugins on top of it, have smart domain monitoring, scalable metadata problem, predictive/intelligent shard allocation and optimized query and aggregation problems. etc.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Elasticsearch Service team, you will:
• Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
• Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java, Python, and Go
• Work at the core of Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
• Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
• Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
• Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search Services in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
• Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
• Invent the future of search and log analytics in the cloud
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
• 6+ years of software development experience in Java, Python and Go
• 4+ years of experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science
• 4+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure
• Experience with Elasticsearch, or Apache Lucene
• Have a focus on customer experience and satisfaction
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.