HEX is a program that optimizes service creation and ownership for Amazon services by reducing the undifferentiated effort spent by developers. It minimizes the time to market and improves the security, availability and efficiency of Amazon services.
We are looking for bright and passionate engineers to join our talented delivery team. HEX engineers help shape the Amazon compute strategy by building highly available platforms to host tens of thousands of services that operate at the core of Amazon's business, at Internet scale (tens of thousands of transactions per second). We enable Amazon's internal developers to improve time-to-market by allowing them to simply launch their application code as a service, operating in a managed, tier-1, resource-efficient hosted environment. You will help improve resource usage efficiency, increase availability, and improve the developer/operational experience for tenants. These are exciting times in our space even with 5000+ tenants serving trillions of requests every week, we are still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where every member of the team can have significant technical and business impact.
In this role you will be responsible for tackling core software engineering problems - distributed computing, resource usage efficiency, software isolation, fault tolerance and using AWS cloud technologies (EC2, ECS/Fargate, Lambda, etc.) to architect highly scalable systems. If you are interested in positively impacting hundreds of Amazon development teams across the world by engaging in technically challenging and personally rewarding work, then we look forward to speaking with you.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience in architecting and leading large scale distributed systems
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with application containers
• Experience providing application hosting
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.