Do you want to be part of the Alexa product and help making Alexa smarter? Are you passionate about helping other entrepreneurs at innovative corporations take new ideas to market? Do you believe that complex tasks can be achieved in a simple and innovative way?
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to lead a technology team within Alexa AI-Web Information . Alexa Web Info is part of our ongoing Alexa Information efforts focused on reinventing information extraction and retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of innovative systems that can collect and process data at web scale within a smart and passionate multi-disciplinary team. We are looking for a candidate that will have an established a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will collaborate closely with a team of Applied Scientists with expertise in specialized areas such as Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Search, and Machine Learning.
Why should you join the Alexa team? Here are a few reasons:
• We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to fruition.
• There are real-world problems to solve that you won't find ready-made answers for. For example, how do you process and store massive amounts of data in the least time possible. How can you improve Alexa to to answer more questions?
• We are defining the future of Alexa.
• We look for ways to make the our service configurable, maintainable and visible as easy, cost effective and time efficient as possible.
What you will do?
• Be very hands-on: work closely with engineers to design and build scalable technical solutions, participate in design review, code review and implementation
• Help define the product roadmap and priorities, report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
• Work across multiple teams to remove obstacles and external dependencies
If this sounds great and you think you have the chops, we'd love to have you on board. Alexa is changing the world and specifically the human machine interaction. This is a great opportunity to be a part of this exciting business.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with machine learning toolkits
• Experience with NLP algorithms and libraries
• Experience working with common Big Data infrastructure systems, such as Hudi, Hadoop, Spark, EMR
• Excellence in technical communication (verbal and written) with peers and non-technical cohorts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.