Senior Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
The Software Development Engineer (SDE) experience is a unique one at Amazon. Teams are structured in small groups with a strong impetus to innovate, drive end to end ownership and meet critical business goals.College graduates get to rub shoulders with outstanding software engineers and researchers with industry leading technical abilities, solving challenging engineering problems that affect millions of Amazon customers. Engineers also get to collaborate and work with teams across the globe, in the process being exposed to a range of technologies, best practices and solution patterns. Our brown bag sessions and Principal talks are among the most popular presentations with healthy debate and a cross pollination of ideas. All this contributes to the grooming of the 'fungible' Amazon engineer who has exemplary technical skills, sharp business acumen and a strong drive to get things done.
The Amazon Kindle platform team in Chennai has complete ownership of the software platform that powers the Kindle e-reader devices. Engineers in this team are engaged in solving hard engineering problems every day in order to offer the best reading experience to users. We are obsessed with delivering software that is highly optimized and meets very high quality and performance bars.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Candidates applying should have:
• Excellent programming skills in either C, C++ or Java
• Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Creatively use their tech skills to solve business problems
• Linux system development experience is a plus.
Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to:
• Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
• Learn new systems
• Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter
B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D degree in computer science or related fields
Back to top