Senior Software Development Engineer
About the team...
Amazon.com's Transaction Risk Management (or TRMS) protects the Amazon bottom line by preventing the bad guys from entering the front door. We've got the latest in machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling techniques and investigation tools but we need your help to keep Amazon.com safe.
There are few opportunities anywhere to start on a new team and make an immediate impact at this scale.
About the role...
A software engineer with a security background who understands threat vectors around botnet attacks, understands how root kits work, and how the bad guys try to attack large sites like Amazon.com. One of our biggest engineering challenges is identifying the bad guys without impacting customer experience. We use the latest technologies like machine learning and calculations of complex variables / attributes of risk to detect these bad guys. You will work with other engineering teams at Amazon to develop novel solutions to improve the security of our customers' accounts and do so at Amazon scale. You will work with other engineering teams at Amazon to develop and strengthen security around customer accounts.
About the candidate...
The ideal candidate for our team is passionate about creative solutions to our technical problems. You have technical curiosity, drive for results, but at the same time you embody ownership at the business level and contribute to product development.
- 6 or more years' experience in software development
- · Bachelors degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
- · Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C++, C#, or C
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- · Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- · Multi-factor authentication
- · Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- · Experience in dealing with Machine Learning Models, optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- · Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- · Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- · Previous technical internship(s) preferred
- · Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- · Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages a plus
- · Graduate degree a plus
- · Strong written/spoken communication skills
- · Experience with system architecture/design
- · Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top