AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda) is changing the way that companies big and small think about computing in the cloud. Lambda functions offer customers a "serverless" way to create applications, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
We are looking for smart software engineers who want to work at cutting edge scale and help push the boundaries of serverless computing in the cloud. To succeed in this role, you need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into emerging technologies. Willing to read research papers but also move quickly to turn code into customer solutions.
An ideal candidate will be passionate about container technologies and their security models. You will be passionate about programming languages and willing to learn a multitude of them. You will care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant systems that offer idiomatic programming interfaces to customers. You will have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with; you will drive engineering best practices throughout your team and you will be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
If this is you, come help us solve problems like:
- Design software to make platforms flexible enough to enable programming languages that customer want to use
- Build performant container provisioning and orchestration mechanisms, making performance seem like magic to customers
- Help envision and build systems that work in a variety of compute platforms such as connected devices (AWS Greengrass), edge locations (Lambda@Edge) and more.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, 5+ years relevant work experience
• Knowledge of C and at least one modern programming language, such as GoLang, Java, Scala, C++, or C#
• Prior experience in delivering software that operates at the OS / Systems / Kernel level
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
• Demonstrated systems programming expertise
• Experience in C/C++ or Java and exposure to interpreted languages such as Python
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Solid understanding of the Linux operating system
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) a plus
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.