Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We are a fast growing multidisciplinary team addressing industry customer needs to transform physical operations into self-learning autonomous systems, through a combination of distributed software engineering, edge computing, and applied research. We are looking for senior software engineers for several teams to lead system design, drive a high technical standard, collaborate with customers to iterate early architectures, mentor junior staff, and craft/ship great code. If this is intriguing, read on.
Industries from automotive to clean energy to manufacturing are the new high tech. Physical operations generate petabytes of data across increasingly dynamic processes and require 1000's of sophisticated multi-variate decisions a second. We believe that democratizing advanced analytics and the IoT technologies that convert physical state to digital measurements, will fuel a new dynamic, diverse manufacturing sector to provide interesting jobs, products and a robust distributed economic engine.
Our technical challenges involve back-end software engineering, edge computing, applied science, and front end development. We need to develop and apply quantitative algorithms (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, network optimization) to make industry process analysis relevant and actionable for operations engineers. We build software and information systems to process massive scale operational data, infer information relationship across complex systems, train decision models and apply them to critical operations at industrial scale. We work very closely with innovative, market leading customers to drive effective digital transformation of entire industries and the supply chains that support them.
As a senior member of the team, you can have a huge impact on everything from the functionality we deliver for our customers, to the design and architecture of our systems, to the algorithms we employ, to the culture we build.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
• Expertise in data modeling and analysis, especially with real time data sources
• Experience with machine learning, big data or large scale distributed systems
• Familiarity with operations or building software for supply chain, manufacturing, building systems, or transportation
• Clarity in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top