Senior Software Development Engineer
- Portland, OR
Want to make a big impact? This is the place. 70% of all traffic that leaves AWS is serviced by CloudFront! How do we grow 10x? That's where you come in! We have only scratched the surface of bringing computing to the edge.
CloudFront is looking for software development engineers to help design, develop, deliver, and operate cutting edge features both to delight our customers and to help CloudFront continue to scale to ever increasing heights. Work on projects that will transform how people produce and consume content in the cloud. Help us build a world where all the computing power and contents in the cloud perform as if they are right next to the customer.
CloudFront is part of AWS Edge Services, with a mission to bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up their overall experience. AWS Edge Services provides highly available, low-latency, and scalable platform capabilities: CloudFront for content delivery network (CDN); Route 53 for domain name service (DNS); and Anti-DDoS detection and mitigation systems.
Why should you join us?
• We care about both delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower managers to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo
• It's rare to work in a job that will have direct effect on billions of individuals. The software and systems you build are leveraged by companies of all sizes. From small startups up to Fortune 500 companies that have millions of individuals interact with their offerings. Each second or millisecond saved per transaction results in millions or billions saved for some enterprises
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or closely related field, or equivalent experience
• Masters degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
• Experience implementing servers and/or software solutions in a Linux environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top