Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) is looking for passionate, results-oriented, inventive software engineer who wants to build Amazon's next generation supply chain prediction and experimentation platform.
Imagine being part of a team that peers into the future to predict inventory flows for the millions of items available on Amazon.com worldwide. Inventory planning involves many algorithms to buy inventory in the right quantities, at the right frequencies, from the right vendors, and assigning to the best warehouse to fulfill customer demand forecast. Our system lives at the heart of these algorithms, keeping up with the rapid pace of optimization improvements and simulating how they interact with each other. We simulate what these systems will do for months into the future, predicting inventory flows across the network, from vendors to customers. This experimentation platform is critical in understanding labor needs, managing our network capacity, and allowing continued optimizations to the many algorithms we simulate. Imagine building large scale, intelligent software on the cloud that can simulate trillions of inventory events per day. Imagine saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud that automates and optimizes inventory, supply chain and shipments to customers.
As a Software Development Engineer in SCOT, you will work closely with some of the brightest software engineers, scientists, economists, and product managers, to solve highly complex supply chain challenges. You and your fellow engineers are responsible for designing the architecture, building the software, and working with the team to deploy your solutions across the globe. SCOT is a unique opportunity to both create and see the direct impact of your work on billions of dollars' worth of inventory, in one of the world's most advanced supply chains, and at massive scale. You will design, implement, test, write library code and own Monte Carlo Simulation platform for Amazon Supply Chain, using object-oriented, distributed programming, , other AWS services and more in Linux environment.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ year's overall development experience and 7+ year's enterprise software experience.
• Experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Strong coding skill in at least one modern programming language such as or
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience to lead teams and guide engineers inside and outside the team for design
• Experience with data mining, databases and massively parallel systems
• Understanding of Amazon technologies like DynamoDB, AWS, S3
• Understanding of integration technologies like web services, messaging queues
• Understanding of No-Sql and RDBMS database technologies
• Experience with an AB testing framework
• Experience with MapReduce concepts and Hadoop