Senior Software Development Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The DSCOT Technology team develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting our devices as efficient and frictionless as possible. We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help build our Supply Chain and Ops platform. We own and build platforms to support everything from Supply Planning, Materials Management, Product Lifecycle Management to Device Costing, among others. Come join the team that helps Amazon invent and innovate the Amazon Devices Supply chain and work with the best and the brightest in the industry! You will be working on a AWS based full stack application platform including Java, Spring, React, RDS (Dynamo and Aurora), Redshift and Data science+ML tools that our team uses to solve complex Supply Chain optimization problems.
For Colorado-based jobs: This position starts at $122,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ year of experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Experience working in Java, REST, Spring, SQL, React or similar web frameworks
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. #d2ctech
Back to top