Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
The Advertising Supply & Monetization team has both technical and business ownership of global advertising placements that appear across Amazon's shopping platforms. We are tasked with maximizing the long-term value that Amazon creates across its Display Advertising business by delivering an engaging ad experience to millions of shoppers each day. The team
partners closely with both retail and advertising teams and is responsible for the successful uptime of thousands of placements running billions of ad impressions across 10+ countries. Our work is seen by 100s of millions of customers across our properties, and demands rigor in solutions development with the need for continuous improvements in scale, latency and customer experience.
The individual in this role will have responsibility for software development from inception through delivery. You will working across a diverse set of technology and increase your influence by earning the trust of your peers by delivering exceptional results.
• Designing and developing software products that impact both display ads and retail merchandising on Amazon shopping sites
• Build and deliver complex software systems with SDLC best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Develop product features that automate manual business processes to help scale new product opportunities
Impact and Career Growth:
• Have an opportunity to contribute across the full stack and even dabble in some novel ideas that support our retail partners
• Opportunity to grow and broaden your technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Familiarity with advertising technology, including DSPs and related systems
• Familiarity with eCommerce and related systems
• Strong data analysis skills, including hands-on SQL, Python, R or similar experience
Back to top