Senior Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Join a young team of aspiring software builders who are striving to reach the next billion customers. We are working with infinite possibilities how to innovate for new and fastest growing marketplaces for Amazon retail.
We're looking for software engineers who have strong technical design skills and are able to drive technical design of broad efforts that have high impact and visibility. This role has a number of opportunities for cross-team ownership and require cross-organizational technical leadership skills to create seamless technical designs
and solutions that reliably work end-to-end. This role will serve as a great springboard for your career.
If you are game to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world's customer obsessed retail technology stack and customer obsession that fuels your thought, Retail Experience Technology Team ( RXTech) is the team that is looking for people just like you!
You will be technical leader to drive the
Designing and developing cutting edge highly reliable and distributed systems.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Engaging and working with customers and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery.
- Mentoring other engineers
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies.
4+ years of professional software development experience
3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , or including object-oriented design
2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems.
Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
Knowledge of supply chain and operations
Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
Understanding of Multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
Strong knowledge of data structures, , operating systems, and/or distributed systems
Back to top